Students prepare for fourth annual CHS Fashion Show

Megan McDowell

Junior, Kate Ridoux, poses during last years fashion show.

Phoebe Drummond

The fourth annual CHS Fashion Show will take place on Feb. 24, presenting clothing from local boutiques and student models.

CHS alumna Sallie Haas of the Class of 2016 started the Fashion Show in 2014. Seniors Allie Kuo of Tinton Falls and Julia Pardee of Freehold took on the responsibility after her graduation and are running the event this year.

Sophomore Grace Treshock of Monmouth Beach and junior Emma Wilenta of Wall are the assistant event coordinators of this years show. The two will run the Fashion Show next year once Kuo and Pardee graduate, Treshock said.

Some clothing stores in Monmouth County allow CHS students to wear their clothes on the runway as an opportunity for advertising.

“The stores are always really good about allowing us to wear the clothes, but the models are responsible for everything that happens to the clothes,” Wilenta said.

“Every year more stores get involved,” Kuo said.

New stores involved in this year’s show include Palm Place in Manasquan and Sweet Joey’s, a vintage store in Asbury Park, Kuo said.

Committees this year have more responsibility than previous years Kuo said.

“We tried to make sure the committees took on their jobs more fully. Before, Sallie did a fantastic job and she really ran everything, but this year we want to divide it up a little more so it’s a little less pressure on us, and we can spread the responsibility more,” Kuo said.

The committees involved in the Fashion Show are food, decorations, behind-the-scenes, ads and ticket sales, photo, stage and video, Wilenta said.

Fashion Show faculty adviser and science teacher Leah Morgan said that Kuo and Pardee made the majority of the big decisions involved in the event.

“My experience with the fashion show has always been great whether I’m in charge, or there as part of the show or helping out. The students are wonderful and they do such a good, responsible job of getting everything ready to go,” Morgan said.