Drama Club travels to “Almost, Maine” for fall production

Freshman+Robert+Gill+of+Wall+and+senior+Julia+Rocco+of+Marlboro+act+in+Almost%2C+Maine.+The+show+played+for+two+nights+at+CHS.+

Blot Photo by Jamie Nickerson

Freshman Robert Gill of Wall and senior Julia Rocco of Marlboro act in “Almost, Maine.” The show played for two nights at CHS.

Meredith Prud'homme

The Drama Club presented its fall production, “Almost, Maine,” on Friday, Dec. 13 and Saturday, Dec. 14 in the CHS cafeteria. The play is comprised of nine short stories that explore love in all its forms in the little-known town of Almost, Maine. The production was played by a cast of 19 students from all grades. 

Auditions were held in September and rehearsals began in October, leading up to the December show dates. 

Senior and producer Tess Rempel of Spring Lake said that she was pleased with the play’s outcome and all the hard work that was put into the show. 

“To be honest, taking on the role of producer was super intimidating at first. We’re so grateful for everyone who put trust in our creative vision and helped make the show come to life,” Rempel said. “However, I think that [director] Jamie [Nickerson] and I overcame our initial anxieties, and therefore have improved the club and created solid performances.”

Junior and cast member Nate Riehl of Wall loved being a part of CHS Drama Club environment for his second year. 

“I love the community, this club is so tight-knit and I love spending time with the cast and the crew,” Riehl said. 

Junior Francesca McCaffery of West Long Branch enjoyed the show on Friday night and said she would recommend the show to a friend. 

“I think the show was a 10/10. [I] would definitely watch it again,” McCaffery said. 

Cast, crew and attendees viewed this production of “Almost, Maine” as successful. Overseen by radio teacher and drama adviser Bill Bengle, the production placed its trust into the hands of students.

“The Almost, Maine show genuinely means so much to me,” Rempel said.