PSFA hosts first annual Club Crawl event

The+first+Club+Crawl+was+a+success+and+many+CHS+student+ran+clubs+were+able+to+fundraise+some+money+for+their+clubs.%0Ahttps%3A%2F%2Funsplash.com%2Flicense+

UNSPLASH PHOTO COURTESY OF Eman Ali

The first Club Crawl was a success and many CHS student ran clubs were able to fundraise some money for their clubs. https://unsplash.com/license

Kyla Kidorf and Isabella San Filippo

Why do a pub crawl when you can do a Club Crawl? CHS clubs sold baked goods,magnets and other merchandise to parents at the PSFA Club Crawl on Thursday, Dec. 15, 2022.

The event, which started at 6 p.m., began with a PSFA meeting. After the meeting adjourned, parents visited the tables set up by a total of 10 clubs, buying products and donating to support the student-run associations at Communications High School. Parents mingled with one another and gained insight on how students spend their activity periods.

This year marks a new beginning for the Club Crawl, which was formerly called the “Wobble and Gobble” or “Jingle and Mingle.” The Club Crawl offers a light at the end of the tunnel for students who have had a majority of their school experience tainted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I think during COVID we lost a lot of normal things, and this year, since COVID had calmed down, we were able to kind of get back into the routine,” PSFA President Kristen Cichon said.

There were positive responses from students, including feedback from SGA President and senior Lucy Battista of Tinton Falls and SGA Council member and junior Justin Longo of Middletown.

I think the Club Crawl was great, and it was really successful for a lot of clubs, especially the freshman class,” Battista said.

“I was really happy with the turnout,” Longo added.

The SGA was very successful with selling coffee at the Club Crawl, as were the PSFA who sold CHS spirit wear and NAHS who sold bookmarks and stickers.

Freshman class president Shawn Ribero of West Long Branch helped sell cookie grams.

“I think we did very good,” Ribero said. “And everybody loved our cookies.”

“I am grateful for the experience,” added freshman council member Alice Ye of Holmdel.