Inkblot asks candidates “Why do you want to run for SGA?”

Caroline Savage

Leading up to SGA elections, Thursday May 20, the Inkblot asked the SGA candidates one question: Why do you want to run for the SGA? This one telling question is meant to give the voters an inside look into the motives and mind of each of the candidates.

The three executive candidates are listed first, then the seven council candidates.

All photo credit goes to Meagan McDowell.

Executive Candidates

SHANE NOLAN I am running for SGA because for my three years at CHS I have really enjoyed the events they organize and run for us and I want to be a part of what makes those events and our school so great.
LAURYN MASCIANA I am running for SGA because I truly do have a passion for it. My freshman year I was the class representative for SGA, so I attended all the meetings since my first year here. I've always been really involved with the club and I love making the school a better place for everyone!
LAURYN MASCIANA I am running for SGA because I truly do have a passion for it. My freshman year I was the class representative for SGA, so I attended all the meetings since my first year here. I’ve always been really involved with the club and I love making the school a better place for everyone!
MATT AVENA I’m running for SGA because I feel as though I can represent the class of 2018 and help run SGA to make the next school year the best and smoothest that it can be.

Council Candidates

DAN MOPSICK I’m running for reelection for SGA because I have gotten so much out of CHS the past three years and I feel I have a lot to give back to the school. My ability to work as part of a team will be valuable to continuing to improve the school for another year on SGA.
KAT HOLTZ I'm running for SGA because I would love to be a voice for the students, which, as cliche as it sounds, is the truth. I'm not lying when I say that CHS has done so much for me and I only find it fair to give back to the students, faculty, and community that has constantly been there for me.
KAT HOLTZ I’m running for SGA because I would love to be a voice for the students, which, as cliche as it sounds, is the truth. I’m not lying when I say that CHS has done so much for me and I only find it fair to give back to the students, faculty, and community that has constantly been there for me.
REBECCA MADEIRA I'm running for SGA because I want to be a part of the things that make CHS what it is, to help organize annual events like Spirit Week and Color Wars and make them the best they can be. I also feel that since it's the Student Government, the students here should really know what's going on and have a say in the events, so hopefully I can make that happen next year.
REBECCA MADEIRA I’m running for SGA because I want to be a part of the things that make CHS what it is, to help organize annual events like Spirit Week and Color Wars and make them the best they can be. I also feel that since it’s the Student Government, the students here should really know what’s going on and have a say in the events, so hopefully I can make that happen next year.
MARK DISPIGNA I'm running for SGA council because although I've only been a student here for two years, I've watched as CHS has grown and evolved, and I want to play a greater role in our future .As a freshman, I looked up to members of the SGA and basically aspired to be as respected and involved as they were. In order to get to this point, I ran for class council last year, made it on, and got re-elected as class president this year. I knew that I had a great platform to base my campaign on, and it would be a dream for me to work with other students who love CHS as much as I do.
MARK DISPIGNA I’m running for SGA council because although I’ve only been a student here for two years, I’ve watched as CHS has grown and evolved, and I want to play a greater role in our future .As a freshman, I looked up to members of the SGA and basically aspired to be as respected and involved as they were. In order to get to this point, I ran for class council last year, made it on, and got re-elected as class president this year. I knew that I had a great platform to base my campaign on, and it would be a dream for me to work with other students who love CHS as much as I do.
JULIA PARDEE I am running for SGA because I am passionate about our school and I want to represent the whole student body. I think everyone's input deserves to be heard so that we can make CHS the best it can be.
JULIA PARDEE I am running for SGA because I am passionate about our school and I want to represent the whole student body. I think everyone’s input deserves to be heard so that we can make CHS the best it can be.
LEO ROSS I'm running for SGA because Communications High School has created some of the best times of my life, and, through it's unique and supportive student body and faculty, has allowed me to grow as a person in ways I most likely would not have been able to at my home high school. I believe that the students here are all incredible, talented people, and I'd like to help make everybody else's CHS experience as wonderful as my own has been.
LEO ROSS I’m running for SGA because Communications High School has created some of the best times of my life, and, through it’s unique and supportive student body and faculty, has allowed me to grow as a person in ways I most likely would not have been able to at my home high school. I believe that the students here are all incredible, talented people, and I’d like to help make everybody else’s CHS experience as wonderful as my own has been.
JACKIE GELLER I'm running for SGA because I enjoy taking part in school events and meeting new people, including the upperclassmen. I believe this will also help improve my communication and leadership skills, which will be beneficial in the long run!
JACKIE GELLER I’m running for SGA because I enjoy taking part in school events and meeting new people, including the upperclassmen. I believe this will also help improve my communication and leadership skills, which will be beneficial in the long run!