CHS has spring fever

Dylan Josephson

Both the students and faculty of CHS deserted the hallways and classrooms when the final bell rang at 2:19 p.m. on  March 24. Several students said they were looking forward to the ten day spring break from homework, tests, and quizzes and some students will be going on vacation.

Sophomore Lauren Spiezia of Manalapan had mixed feelings in regard to her spring break.

“I am going to Disney with my marching band. We are all driving there and going to animal kingdom and walking around to the other parks too,” Spiezia said. “I am very excited, although I am going to be on a bus for 24 hours with them.”

Junior Rachel Van Brunt of Wall plans on taking a trip out of New Jersey in order to destress.

“I’m going to Hutchinson Island in Florida and I’m going to chill out on the beach,” Van Brunt said. “And maybe I will check out the Mets spring training.”

Sophomore Ronan Leahy of Colts Neck was excited about his spring break plans and the opportunity to relax.

“I’m going to spend my spring break hanging out with friends, playing lacrosse, watching TV and overall just having fun” Leahy said. “School is always so stressful, and it will be nice to have some time to cool down.”

Freshman Kelly Forrester of Spring Lake Heights was really looking forward to a break with no stress.

“I’m going to Cancun, Mexico over spring break. I’m really excited to finally get a chance to relax, and I’m also really excited to go on new adventures,” Forrester said.

Sophomore Lara Graney of Belmar was thrilled to finally have some time to herself. She was also looking forward to a trip with her family.

“I am excited to have enough time to get stuff done, like I am going to read a lot, I am going to go outside more; I haven’t been outside in years because of school,” Graney said. “We are also going to Boston for a couple of days to visit my uncle and even check out some colleges.”

The first day back after break is Monday, April 4.