Lattes bring revenue

Courtesy of Creative Commons

Starbucks is one of the main brands that uses holiday themed drinks to bring revenue.

Madelyn Curtis

Every year, the hype for Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Lattes and other seasonal drinks seems to increase.

Starbucks’ U.S. sales rose 9 percent in the U.S. and 8 percent globally during the last three months of the year according to The Chicago Tribune.

At CHS, the verdict on seasonal drinks goes both ways.

Some, like sophomore Erica Sammarco of Colts Neck, enjoy the holiday beverages.

“I don’t really like Pumpkin Spice personally, but overall I think seasonal drinks are really fun and probably beneficial, sales wise, for cafes. I love getting into the seasons/holidays and seasonal drinks are a great way to do so,” Sammarco said.

Freshman Emily Madiera of Howell cites eggnog as her beverage of choice.

“Eggnog is the blood that flows through my veins,” Madeira said.

Others, such as junior Elizabeth Klemm of Middletown, think that the seasonal drinks aren’t worth the hype.

“I’m not a… fancy drink person. Just some basic, cheap hot chocolate and I’m happy. I think seasonal drinks are overrated,” Klemm said.

“They’re fine, but I think they get a little over-hyped,” said senior Sydney Smith of Tinton Falls.

While opinions differ, holiday drinks such as hot chocolates and seasonal lattes are still staples of the holiday season.

Every year, the hype for Starbucks’ seasonal drinks seems to increase.

Starbucks’ U.S. sales rose 9 percent in the U.S. during the last quarter of the year, according to The Chicago Tribune.

Some CHS students, like sophomore Erica Sammarco of Colts Neck, enjoy these drinks.

“I don’t really like Pumpkin Spice personally, but overall I think seasonal drinks are really fun and probably beneficial, sales wise, for cafes,” Sammarco said.

Others, such as junior Elizabeth Klemm of Middletown, think that the seasonal drinks aren’t worth the craze.