Spirit Week’s spooky second day

Alyssa Rasp

Students participated in the annual Halloween costume parade during lunch and activity period.

Michelle Etienne

On Tuesday Oct. 31 students participated in the second day of Spirit Week and came to school in costume for participation points.

Students entered the lunchtime costume contest in an effort to win their class more points for Spirit Week.

The second day of the Scavenger Hunt also took place with the seniors coming in first, sophomores in second, juniors in third and freshmen in fourth place.

The winners of the costume contest were announced by senior and SGA council member Samantha LaRochelle of Middletown at the end of lunch.

Seniors won the Most Original category for their Pac-Man group costume, earning their class 10 points. Juniors won two categories: Best Couple and Funniest, earning their class 10 points. Sophomores also won two categories: Best Group and Scariest, earning their class a total of 15 points. The freshmen did not win any categories.

Junior and SGA council member Emma Hecht of Wall shared her thoughts on Spirit Week so far.

“I thought scavenger hunt went pretty well today, especially for the seniors, they did a great job,” Hecht said.

Currently, the senior class is in first place with a total of 100 points. The juniors are in second with 94 points, the sophomores are in third with 86 points and the freshmen are in fourth place with 46 points.