Pack, Harczuck, Cole dunk on the competition

Blot+photo+by+Lauren+DeFelice.+

Blot photo by Lauren DeFelice.

Madison Beekman and Erin Carr

The freshman class held the annual 3v3 basketball tournament on Oct. 25, their first event organized as a class.

Freshman Brigid McCarthy of Manasquan, the class president, said advisor and fitness teacher Ginny Clevenger took control of the event, for the most part.

“Since this was our first fundraiser, Ms. Clevenger kind of held our hands through the process so we could see what it’s like,” McCarthy said.

Freshman vice president, Olivia McCarthy of Howell, participated in the tournament and felt  very happy with the way it turned out.

“I thought it was a really great opportunity to get to know the other classmates in other grades,” McCarthy said. “It actually went extremely smoothly, despite our, alleged, lack of sports abilities, and it was really fun.”

Sophomore Zachary Weisentein of Freehold said that he had a lot of fun in the 3v3.

“ I’m definitely going to do it next year. It was a good time,” Weisentein said.

Junior Kiera Gill of Wall and teammates, junior Kyle Wheeler of Wall and junior Parthesh Patel of Freehold, prepared a little bit for the 3v3 this year.

“This year, we played some basketball during lunch. It was interesting. But yes, we practiced a little bit, but not a lot,” Gill said.

The final game went into a shootout, with junior Marisa Harczuk of Tinton Falls, junior Jackson Pack of Asbury and junior Ron Cole of Neptune City emerging the victors. Cole had the winning shot.

Sophomore Jack McHugh of Manasquan, sophomore Riley Rademacher of Wall and sophomore Brian Schade of Tinton Falls came in second place.

Clevenger said that even though there weren’t many teams, people still had  fun.

“In 2007 we had 33 teams… This year we had nine teams total. Not much money was raised but I think the nine teams had fun, and that was the point,” Clevenger said.