Seniors teach underclassmen before winter break

Seniors, from left, Grace Treshock of Monmouth Beach, Alex Herrmann of Brielle and Audrey Wilenta of Wall teach chemistry for Erin Wheeler. They worked with seniors (not pictured) Jules Andersen of Howell and Kathryn Jemas of West Long Branch.

Alyssa Rasp

Alyssa Rasp

Alyssa Rasp

Meredith Prud'homme

Before heading to winter break, students participated in Senior Switch Day on Friday, Dec. 21. The Class of 2019 replaced teachers and taught classes for the day. Some students taught lessons while others took a laid-back approach to Senior Switch Day.

Senior Grace Treshock of Monmouth Beach took the position of chemistry teacher Erin Wheeler, along with seniors Audrey Wilenta of Wall, Alex Herrmann of Brielle, Jules Andersen of Howell and Kathryn Jemas of West Long Branch. The group opted for a more casual approach to Senior Switch Day.

“We had a Kahoot of CHS trivia,” Treshock said. “It was super laid back and fun.”

Seniors Jill Lynch of Interlaken, Liam Marshall of Sea Girt and Erica Sammarco of Colts Neck took principal James Gleason’s spot for the day. They went around the school grading their fellow seniors and delivering detention slips, Lynch said.

“I loved feeling like I was in charge, even though I really wasn’t,” Lynch said. “We observed and reviewed a bunch of the senior’s classes, grading them on creativity.”

Hosted by the Class of 2019, Senior Switch Day has become something that many students look forward to as it promotes leadership to the seniors as well as a enjoyable day for the students of CHS.

About the Writer
Meredith Prud'homme, Web Content Editor

Meredith is a senior from Ocean and has been involved in The Inkblot the past four years and is so excited to join the edit board for the second year as...