Students continue Color Wars celebrations at beach bonfire

Blot photo by Alyssa Rasp

Left to right: Junior Vaughn Battista of Tinton Falls, junior Dane Tedder of Ocean, junior Ryan Swanson of Brielle, senior Will Dean of Middletown, and senior Gia Caruso of Howell.

Madison Beekman

After a day of exciting Color Wars festivities, CHS students and families came together for the last annual bonfire at Belmar Beach on Friday, June 7. The Parent Student Faculty Association (PSFA) hosted the event, and incoming freshmen were also invited to meet some of their future classmates.

In past years, the PSFA held the bonfire in October, but due to a scheduling conflict, it was moved to the day of Color Wars, according to PSFA Treasurer Michelle Beekman. It was the last annual bonfire, as Belmar Beach is no longer allowing bonfires.

According to Beekman,  the event went well and there were many attendees.

“It was very successful. They had 398 people registered and I think it was a total of 120 families,” Beekman said. “And they invited incoming freshman, so some of them came.”

Freshman Drew Lepping of West Long Branch enjoyed his first bonfire and liked the change in season of the event.

“I had no idea what to expect, but it was fun. I loved being on the beach with my friends and playing games with them,” Lepping said. “I loved that it was in the spring because it was so nice out, besides the fog.”