Students close out 2018-19 school year

Alyssa Rasp

Students closed the year the same way they opened it–with italian ice.

Nicole Sestito

The 2018-19 school year officially came to an end on Wednesday June 19, as students enjoyed their last day of school and took their final exams.

While freshmen, sophomores, and juniors said goodbye to their teachers and peers for the summer, members of the Class of 2019 said their final farewell to CHS. There were tears of sadness, but also excitement for beach days, sleeping in, and no homework.

On the last day of school, students took their last two finals of the year. Freshman Lana Tomchuk of Middletown said her finals weren’t overly challenging. 

“They were not that bad because I studied for them mostly, so I knew the material,” Tomchuk said.

Junior Mary Eknoian of Wall said she is looking forward to her plans for the summer and senior year.  

“I’m looking forward to going to Spain with Senora Campbell and a bunch of my friends,” Eknoian said. “I have very high expectations for senior year and all of the new and exciting things that will come with it.”

Senior Kiera Gill of Wall attended her last day at CHS, which she said was filled with some difficult goodbyes. 

“I’ve never been one to adapt to changes very well, and on the last day it hit me that my time at CHS was over,” Gill said. “Leaving CHS definitely put everything into perspective and made me realize how important it is to enjoy every single moment.”