CHS opens new year with annual tradition

Blot photo by Leah Lustig

Senior Mike Cielecki of Spring Lake Heights eats italian ice with SGA members and seniors Evan Kuo of Tinton Falls and Liam Jamolod of Howell.

Meredith Prud'homme

Over the summer, administration and the Student Government Association (SGA) alike prepared to welcome freshmen and greet returning students following their two month break. To wrap up the first day of the 2019-2020 school year, students attended an assembly at the end of fourth block with Italian Ices.

Principal James Gleason announced updates and changes for the upcoming school year. CHS underwent a few improvements over the summer, such as a new roof, new floors, and a new paint job. Gleason says he looks forward to seeing students’ confident attitudes in the 2019-2020 school year.

The morning before, NHS members were assigned to help the new Class of 2023 students with their lockers. The members made sure the freshmen felt welcomed and prepared for their first few classes. 

NHS Member and senior Anabel Ferraro of Manasquan enjoyed being a friendly face and a helpful hand to newcomers. 

“My freshmen were so sweet and had good questions, it was fun to tell them all about the CHS events,” Ferraro said. 

Freshman student Elle Mountford of Wall appreciated the kind and welcoming community that CHS offered on the first day.

“Everyone at CHS is so accepting and kind that everyone fits right in and feels at home,” Mountford said, “I’m so glad to be apart of CHS.”