CHS students dress to impress at the Fashion Show

BLOT PHOTO BY SARAH RAU

Sophomore Charlotte Ross walks down the runway at the CHS & Co. Fashion Show.

Isabela Delgado

CHS students struck a pose on Friday, March 10 at the highly anticipated fashion show.

One of CHS’ oldest traditions consists of students walking down a makeshift runway, striking poses while modeling various outfits from stores across Monmouth County.  The SGA assigned models to one of ten stores, based on the student’s style.

“We had a lot of stores we worked with in the past that were willing to commit right away,” said guidance counselor and SGA co-advisor Melanie Sambataro. “We also had a lot of models, so we wanted to make sure that everyone is getting something that fits them.”

The theme of this year’s show was “CHS & Co.” as inspired by Audrey Hepburn and the 1960s fashion of her time. Turquoise decor throughout the hallways and cafeteria helped embody the theme.

“I really liked the classy and chic part of ‘Fashion Reign’ last year,” said SGA council member Marina Berger of Marlboro. “We were looking at different fashion icons throughout the years and that’s how the idea came to be.”

This year’s show consisted of 66 models ranging from freshmen to seniors.  Sophomore Skylar Conner-Bennett of Ocean Township has participated in two fashion shows at CHS.

“My favorite part of the fashion show is waiting right before you go on. The anticipation makes it so much more fun, and cheering everyone on with your friends  makes it so enjoyable,” Conner-Bennett said.

Some of the stores that were featured this year include Pat the Tailor in Wall, South Moon Under in Shrewsbury and Interwoven in Asbury Park.

“I really liked my store,” said freshman Dylan Glusman of Middletown. “They had a lot of different options and were able to get different kinds of stuff.”

The students featured in this year’s prom section also felt like supermodels on the catwalk. Many of the juniors and seniors strutted down the runway and enjoyed their moments in the spotlight.

Senior Grace Wartmann of Eatontown participated in the prom section of the fashion show and was fashion show social media co-head.

“I really enjoyed it this year and I think the SGA did a great job,” Wartmann said. “Walking in prom with Max Lovas and working with everybody was a lot of fun. I think it was a great show.”