CHS is in the holiday spirit

Dylan Josephson

With only a few more days of school before winter break, CHS students are finding ways to get into the holiday spirit.

Sophomore Courtney Kushnir of Colts Neck said she is excited for an event that she and friends are doing for the second time.

“We are doing Secret Santa, and I can’t wait,” Kushnir said. “It’s a fun way to exchange gifts without spending too much money.”

Freshman Kiera Gill of Wall said she has specific preparations for the holidays.

“I eat Christmas cookies … and nothing else but Christmas cookies,” Gill said. “I also like to watch ’25 Days of Christmas’ on ABC Family.”

But Christmas isn’t the only holiday students celebrate during this time of year. Hanukkah began on Dec. 6 and just recently ended on Dec. 13.

Senior Sallie Haas of Deal celebrated Hanukkah this year and said she enjoyed several fun traditions that come along with it.

“We lit the Menorah, said the prayers, ate latkes and went to my uncle’s house for dinner,” Haas said.

Sophomore Brandon Kalika of Middletown also said he had a great Hanukkah this year, as he was surrounded by friends and family.

“I spent time with family and received awesome gifts, as well as gave gifts. It’s my favorite time of the year,” Kalika said.

Although the weather feels more fitting for early fall rather than winter, it’s safe to say that CHS is ready for winter break and all the holiday fun that is to come in the upcoming weeks.