Students Prepare For Third Annual Fashion Show

Julianne Sackett

The third annual fashion show at CHS will take place on March 4 at 6:30 p.m. in the school’s cafeteria. The show features clothing from nine Monmouth County stores modeled by students, staff members and children of staff at CHS.

Senior Sallie Haas of Deal, who runs the event, hosted the first show two years ago as a sophomore. The CHS fashion show takes place in the spring every year.

The stores this year include The Bee, Spellbinders, Inlet Outlet, D.Monaco, Gordon’s Surf Shop, Tuxedo Den, Dresses & More, Lucki Clover and, for the first time, a clothing line designed by Health teacher Leah Morgan.

Haas has been preparing since October along with juniors Allie Kuo Tinton Falls and Julia Pardee of Freehold who plan to run the show next year.

“It’s a mix of emotions this year, because it’s my last. The fashion show has become such a part of CHS for me, I can’t wait to see how the show comes together this year, and I hope everyone has as much fun as I’ve been having,” Haas said.

Four committees are currently working on preparing for the fashion show. Food, Decorations, Crew, and Video are all student-run. The committees began work for the show in early January with help from all grades.

Freshman Lauren DeFelice of Wall said she’s excited to play a part in her first fashion show at CHS on the decorations committee.

“I’m really excited to be working on the decorations committee for this fashion show, I think it will be a lot of fun decorating and it will also be nice to support the school,” DeFelice said.

Some of the CHS faculty who will model clothing this year include Morgan, Physics teacher Steve Godkin and Spanish teacher Karen Britto.
All proceeds from this year’s fashion show will go to this year’s prom.