Ho, Burgi and Trentalange elected presidents

Classes of 2019, 2020 and 2021 name new class councils

Emily McNeill

Junior Rebecca Rippon of Ocean gives a two minute speech to the rising senior class. Rippon will serve as a Class of 2019 council member for her third time in the 2018-19 school year.

Isabella Antoon

The rising sophomore, junior and senior classes held their elections on June 5 throughout the school. Each grade elected a president, vice president and council members to serve during the 2018-2019 school year.

The Class of 2021 elected Georgia Trentalange of Middletown as president along with vice president Jake Polvino of Tinton Falls. Bea Karron of Manasquan, Meg Ellis of Freehold, Liam Umbs of Monmouth Beach and Brigid McCarthy of Manasquan will serve on the sophomore council.

McCarthy, who served as the Class of 2021 President this year, said she is excited to spend another year on the council.

“This year was not only a fun experience, but it also strengthened my communication and leadership skills,” McCarthy said. “Winter Ball is next year, and the common goal of the rising sophomore council is to throw the most fun dance ever.”

Rising juniors Caelin Burgi of Matawan and Colin Martin of Middletown will lead their class next year as president and vice president, respectively, with Emily Madiera of Howell, Mary Eknoian of Wall and Katherine Lombardi of Middletown as their council.

English teacher and Class of 2020 adviser Kathryn Diver said the upcoming year will be important for the rising junior class.

The council for this year will have many responsibilities like organizing Coffeehouse, fundraising for prom, senior trips and more,” Diver said. “The hard work during junior year will make senior year even sweeter and I’m looking forward to what the new council can bring to this class.”

Rising seniors Marissa Ho of Marlboro and Erica Sammarco of Colts Neck will serve as class president and vice president, respectively, next year. Juniors Rebecca Rippon of Ocean, Kera McGovern of Tinton Falls and Connor Martin of Spring Lake Heights will hold the positions of senior class council members.

Ho said she is looking forward to the upcoming responsibilities that come with the position.

“I hope to work on fundraising, improve communication between the class and council, and organize a successful prom,” Ho said. “I haven’t been on council before, but I’m really excited next year.”

Biology teacher and Class of 2019 adviser Jeanine Gomez feels the new council will represent the class well.

“Each student who was voted to office reflects the class,” Gomez said. “I’m so proud of all of the students.”