Latest fashions in full ‘bloom’ at CHS

Latest fashions in full ‘bloom’ at CHS

Seniors and fashion show hosts Liam Marshall of Sea Girt and Grace Treshock of Monmouth Beach model prom attire at their last fashion show.

Marissa Ho

Marissa Ho

Marissa Ho

Jordan Durkin

Students of all grades walked the runway during the “Bloom” Fashion Show on Friday, March 1. Some models sported casual looks like jeans and a tank top, while others strutted down the catwalk in their best prom attire.

Senior Grace Treshock of Monmouth Beach coordinated this year’s event, along with assistant organizers and juniors Abby Tellechea of Monmouth Beach and Riley Rademacher of Wall.

Leading up to the event, event coordinators held CHS Fashion Week. Coordinators of the event uploaded new styles daily on their instagram for students to show off in school the next day. The trends included were florals and leather.

Junior Heather Griffin of Wall said she thought the Fashion Week idea was great for promoting the show.

“Seeing the posts everyday definitely kept reminding people about the event,” said Griffin. “My favorite trend had to be the statement sneakers.”

Models and crew collaborated before the event to transform the cafeteria into a runway show. To represent the theme of “Bloom,” decorations were floral-inspired, and included hanging polaroids of each model in the front hallway.

This year’s Fashion Show featured 99 models and pieces from 11 boutiques from all over Monmouth County, including Palm Place in Manasquan, The Bee in Sea Girt and Dor L’Dor in Sea Girt. The week leading up to the event, models attended fittings where they selected their outfit for the runway.

Junior Sidney Washington of Asbury Park modeled for Wanderlust in her first CHS Fashion Show this year and said the experience made a positive impact on her self-confidence.

“When I was finished getting ready people began to compliment me, even people I didn’t know,” said Washington. “This was a huge boost for my self-esteem, and it made me eager to try new things out more often.”

Treshock said she was pleased with the turnout of the event and has faith that Rademacher and Tellechea will succeed next year.

The positive feedback from students, teachers and parents was almost overwhelming,” said Treshock. “I know I’m leaving the show in good hands with Abby and Riley. They’re going to be amazing.”

The proceeds from the event will benefit the Class of 2019, the SGA and Cinderella’s Closet, a non-profit organization that provides less fortunate high school students in Monmouth County with prom dresses.

About the Photographer
Marissa Ho, Photo Editor

Marissa Ho is a senior from Marlboro and has been involved with the Inkblot since freshman year and the photo section since sophomore year. This is her...