Fifth annual fashion show steals the runway

Grace Maloney

The fashion show on Feb. 23 featured clothes from stores all over Monmouth County along with refreshments and promposals.

Jordan Durkin

CHS students had their moment in the spotlight during the fifth annual fashion show on Feb. 3.

The show took place in the cafeteria, which was decked out in palm green and pink decorations. Local favorites like Rook Coffee and Playa Bowls sold refreshments during intermission.

Leading up to the event was Fashion Week at CHS. Each day of the week, the fashion show’s Instagram account posted a new style for students to wear the following day. Sophomore Riley Rademacher of Wall ran the account with a mission to get students buzzing about the event.

“My whole goal for the Instagram was to get everyone pumped up and excited for it, so I did a little countdown starting two weeks before the fashion show,” Rademacher said.

Tickets were sold for $8 during lunch or $10 at the door. $500 of the profits will go to Cinderella’s closet, an organization that provides less fortunate high school students in Monmouth County with prom dresses.

Senior Emma Wilenta of Wall and junior Grace Treshock of Monmouth Beach ran the event, overseeing committees such as food, decorations, advertisements and ticket sales as well as coordinating with the stores.

Stores from all over Monmouth County provided clothes for students to model. A few of those involved were Palm Place in Manasquan, Interwoven in Asbury Park and Vanilla Sky in Shrewsbury. The models attended fittings at the stores where they would select an outfit to wear for the show.

At the end of the show, models walked the runway in prom dresses from Dresses and More in Old Bridge and Antoinette Rose in Belmar, while boys wore tuxedos from Pat the Tailor in Wall. Once all of the models walked, Wilenta and Treshock thanked everyone for attending the event.

Sophomore Heather Griffin of Wall participated in her second fashion show this year. She enjoyed her time on the runway modeling a romper from Palm Place.

“I can’t wait to do it again next year,” Griffin said. “Fashion Show season has become my favorite season,” Griffin said.