Alumni revisit CHS for the day, share advice with students

Brian Schade

CHS graduates recently had the opportunity to revisit the building and reconnect with former classmates at the annual Alumni Day, held in the cafeteria on Friday, Dec. 21. The event began with a question-and-answer panel between current and former students.

The alumni were primarily asked about the college application process and provided advice to upperclassmen. Junior Joe Matthews of Middletown had an opportunity to ask the panel a question.

“It was nice to hear from someone who’s been through this process at my school. I’m still not sure where I want to go, but the feedback was nice,” Matthews said.

Following the panel, the alumni caught up with past classmates and teachers. Class of 2018 alumna Julianne Sackett of Rumson was among the graduates present.

“It was really exciting to get to see everyone again. It feels like I was attending one as a student just yesterday,” Sackett said.

Sackett also spoke throughout the panel about her college experience so far. She began her fall semester at Northeastern University studying abroad in London.

“My college experience has been amazing so far and I’m glad I got to hear from everybody else,” Sackett said.

Alumni Day came to a close at the end of the lunch period. The alumni said their goodbyes, but not before they were reunited with friends and faculty members alike.