Seniors maintain lead after Decades Day

The+day%E2%80%99s+lunchtime+competition+was+Balloon+Pop.+The+seniors+placed+first+in+the+event%2C+winning+20+points+for+their+class.+

Seniors maintain lead after Decades Day

The day’s lunchtime competition was Balloon Pop. The seniors placed first in the event, winning 20 points for their class.

Sally Ehlers

Sally Ehlers

Sally Ehlers

Katherine Lombardi

CHS received a blast from the past this Thursday, Apr. 19 as Spring Spirit Week continued on with Decades Day. Students dressed in different fashion trends of prior generations, sporting anything from flare jeans and rainbow tie-dye to bright windbreakers and scrunchies.

The seniors were assigned the 60s, the juniors were assigned the 90s, the sophomores were assigned the 70s and the freshmen were assigned the 80s. All grades received full points for participation.

The day’s lunchtime competition was Balloon Pop. Two boys and two girls from each class competed against one another to both protect balloons tied to their legs and pop their opponents’. The seniors placed first in the event, winning 20 points for their class. The juniors, sophomores and freshmen came in second, third and fourth, respectively.

Sophomore Madeline Holobinko of Monmouth Beach participated in the event for the first time.

“Balloon Pop was definitely more intense than I thought it would be,” said Holobinko. “It was still a lot of fun to try it out though.”

Thursday was also the final day of the Clothing Drive. With the largest amount of bags, the seniors placed first and won 80 points. They were followed by the sophomores in second, the juniors in third and the freshmen in last.

Currently, the seniors lead the race with 190 points. The sophomores take second place with 145 points. The juniors are in third with 125 points, and the freshmen are in third place with 80 points.

Spirit Week concludes tomorrow with Grades Day and Lip Sync, followed by Mr. CHS later that night.

About the Contributors
Katherine Lombardi, Editor in Chief

Katherine Lombardi, a senior from Middletown, is more than thrilled to serve as Editor-in-Chief of the Inkblot. Writing since freshman year and formerly...

Sally Ehlers, In-Depth Editor

Sally is a senior from Little Silver and is thrilled to serve on the Edit Board as the In-Depth Editor. She has been writing for The Inkblot since her...