Seniors maintain lead after Decades Day

The+day%E2%80%99s+lunchtime+competition+was+Balloon+Pop.+The+seniors+placed+first+in+the+event%2C+winning+20+points+for+their+class.+
The day’s lunchtime competition was Balloon Pop. The seniors placed first in the event, winning 20 points for their class.

Sally Ehlers

Sally Ehlers

Katherine Lombardi

CHS received a blast from the past this Thursday, Apr. 19 as Spring Spirit Week continued on with Decades Day. Students dressed in different fashion trends of prior generations, sporting anything from flare jeans and rainbow tie-dye to bright windbreakers and scrunchies.

The seniors were assigned the 60s, the juniors were assigned the 90s, the sophomores were assigned the 70s and the freshmen were assigned the 80s. All grades received full points for participation.

The day’s lunchtime competition was Balloon Pop. Two boys and two girls from each class competed against one another to both protect balloons tied to their legs and pop their opponents’. The seniors placed first in the event, winning 20 points for their class. The juniors, sophomores and freshmen came in second, third and fourth, respectively.

Sophomore Madeline Holobinko of Monmouth Beach participated in the event for the first time.

“Balloon Pop was definitely more intense than I thought it would be,” said Holobinko. “It was still a lot of fun to try it out though.”

Thursday was also the final day of the Clothing Drive. With the largest amount of bags, the seniors placed first and won 80 points. They were followed by the sophomores in second, the juniors in third and the freshmen in last.

Currently, the seniors lead the race with 190 points. The sophomores take second place with 145 points. The juniors are in third with 125 points, and the freshmen are in third place with 80 points.

Spirit Week concludes tomorrow with Grades Day and Lip Sync, followed by Mr. CHS later that night.

About the Contributors
Katherine Lombardi, Assistant News Editor

Katherine Lombardi is a junior from Middletown and has been writing for The Inkblot since her freshman year and is super excited to be this year’s Assistant News Editor. Besides The Inkblot, she is the Communications Director for JSA and serves on the junior class council. In her free time, Katherine enjoys watching Netflix stand-up comedy specials, spending too much money at her local Target, and making jokes that not everyone appreciates. She can be reached at [email protected].

Sally Ehlers, Assistant Opinion Editor

Sally is a junior from Little Silver. She started writing for The Inkblot in her freshman year and is so excited to join the Edit Board as Assistant Opinion Editor. When not writing for The Inkblot, Sally can found volunteering, participating in other in-school clubs, practicing the piano, playing soccer or running for her hometown’s track team. She can be reached at [email protected]